Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Letter #39


wow, what a week. But let me start off.....
 
Dear Family and Friends and all the blessed readers of this email,
 
So this week was my 6 month in the country mark, so I had to go down to Helsinki so they can see where I am in my language stuff. So on pday I may or may not have tried on some European pricey clothes, it was way fun. kinda weird i know, but some of the pricey suits are pretty nice. haha. Then ón tuesday we went to Helsinki, it was way fun. I learned a lot about the different ways to study a language. And I learned that I learn it best by listening to it and picking it apart right then on the spot. pretty cool. Kuitenkin
 
The train ride back was 4 hours from Helsinki to Joensuu. Elder Anderson and I were running to make our first train but... like whats happened in the past, the train left as I was 4 feet from pushing the "open door" button. pretty funny and sad. but we got the next train. Elder Anderson and I blame it on the women we opened the door for. ha. Then our week went on, as it usually does. But we did have this cool experiance:
 
So my companion and I have tried harder to pray always and to talk to everyone. And a few days ago we were trying a few potentials and praying to the Lord to help us find the one that needs us that day. As we were leaving the building where a few potentials live, and this random young women comes up to us out of nowhere and asks us "what we are doing?". Turns out this women had seen us many times in this area and wondered if we lived here. We said no and then talked and bore testimonies about the Book of Mormon. She said we could visit sometime later. And later that week we went back and had a lesson with her AND her husband. Both became new investigators and during the lesson we asked, "why did you want to meet with us?" or "what do you expect to learn from us." and she aswered "I want to know more about the Book of Mormon and how you found out is it true or not." (perfect answers:)  It was the most natural and powerful lesson I have ever been a part of and I know the Lord prepared those people. We were trying to find them through prayer and effort, but she found us because the Lord knows whose ready and answers prayers.
 
Oh, and way cool. I love members and the sacrifices they do for us. We were riding our bikes in the rain on Saturday and I get this call from a sister in the ward. She says "hey, i just saw you and Im on my lunch break, do you want to go get something?" so I naturally said "Sure!" :) way cool lunch. We talked about conference and she really enjoyed it.
 
I know this church is true and I love it. I love this gospel and Jesus Christ. This is the hardest thing I´ve ever done, but I know in many ways, it is worth it. I love the BoM and the power it has to heal, comfort and guide. I am greatful for the atonement and the enableing, and uplifting power it has to change me, my heart and the Lords investigators. I love you all and pray for you.
Love
Elder Waite
 

No comments:

Post a Comment