Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Letter #40


Dear Family, Friends and awesome readers,
 
This week was pretty good, if I might say so myself. We had two less actives come to church, which was WAY cool. President Rawlings spoke in our sacrement meeting. Our branch president was released and a cool little change took place, and things are looking on the good side. :) I love this gospel. You know those days where you know there is SO much to talk about but cant remember it... this is one of those days.
 
But one cool thing our mission has been pushing is getting Members to find people in their lives that can be receptive to the gospel. Which is totally cool because every member in this church IS a missionary. And everyone needs the gospel. This week we met with some members and we ended up with 3 referals!! way cool!! So ya, I love the members here, they are way cool and very supportive.
 
 So this week we had a dinner appoint with a family that were not members and I had never met them before. It was way cool, we get a text from a girl that we had tried to meet a few weeks ago and then we get a text from her and it says her parents want us over for dinner. So, way cool right! We get there and they are the NICEST family I´ve met so far and wow, it was way cool. They didnt drink and they were basically LDS except they werent. Turns out we think that they except all religions as true and correct and that all have good morals and values and they all serve God. I say we think because they were kind of talkative and way nice. But we didnt say much. The Dad was American and the mom and daughter were Finnish, but we spoke in English and they all spoke pretty well. Especially the American. :) :)
 
I´ve learned a lot about Faith and Love and the relationship they have together. Because I have found it extreamly hard sometime to love some people. I am still learning that if our Faith in a Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ is strong enough, then we can love those around us for who they are, sons and daughters of God. I know that the Book of Mormon is true and I love it. I am greatful for my Savior and His atonement. Im proud to be an American and I love you.
Love
Elder Waite

No comments:

Post a Comment