Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Letter #37- Happy Easter and General Conference


Happy Easter and General Conference!!
 
Wow, this week was a good one. We had investigators MIA and all kinds of stuff. So I also had to give a talk in Sacrament meeting about Faith. It was funny, a lot of the members afterwords said "kiitos kauniista Suomea" which means "thanks for the beautiful Finnish". Which I thought was funny because I dont know how much they learned about faith, but they liked my finnish. Pretty funny, I thought. Yesterday was a holy day, and the library in which we write home was closed, so sorry its a wee bit late.
 
So a couple thoughts I had over the week, was how amazing it is to me that we have a prophet today. We had a investigator this week have problems with being baptized again because he had already been baptized. According to him, all roads lead to rome, in other words, he has been baptized and he knows the Book of Mormon is true(in fact he likes it better than the Bible) but he doesnt see the need to be baptized because he as already been baptized. And this got me a thinking about the importance of a living prophet. The Book of Mormon is proof that we have a prophet. He holds the all the keys of the priesthood and the power to perform sealings. He has the power to inturpret scriptures the way they were meant. "Whether by the voice of my servents or by me, it is the same." He is Christs mouth piece on earth. And we have the opportunity to listen, read about, and watch our prophet. I often talk about prophets with people on the street and there has been many times where I have shown them a small picture I have of President Monson on my planner and I know they feel the spirit.
 
I am very greatful to be serving a mission and I know it is where I am suppose to be. I love my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and I know He is always helping me. I dont fear the future, because I know I am a son of God, my needs may be great but my potential in life is also great. I love the Book of Mormon and how it has become a friend to me. I am very excited for General Conference to hear from our leaders. I love you all and I hope you all have a great week.
 
Love
Elder Waite

No comments:

Post a Comment