Sunday, July 7, 2013

Letter #50

Dear Family

So this week we had some awesome things happen. A mission is just the place to be!! we were promised by a area authority that if we search the areabook as a companionship and pray who would be baptized within the summer that someone either that person or someone on the way would be baptized. Its one of those awesome promises. thats what we have been doing as a mission kind of thing. yo, so here is our experiance

So my companion and I searched and prayed to find the one 

in our Area book that would be baptized. We tried to get in 

contact with him and to our disappointment he was not

 home. As we were heading back we talked to a lot of people. 

When we were talking to this older guy on a bench, this other

 guy walks by and then starts talking to me. So while my 

companion talked to a older guy on a bench, I was talking to 

this guy who started talking to me. Turns out this guy had 

met with missionaries before and that he had got a Book of 

Mormon previously from them. He then agreed to meet us

 the following day!! My testimony of getting members to

 lessons also has grown. Later that night, we asked a member 

to come to the lesson the next day, best decision ever. The

 next day we met the guy, and talked for a little bit, and then

 the member came. And they became instant friends. The

 member talked about his conversion story and all the cool

 experiences he has had receiving his testimony. My 

companion and I didn't say much, and we didn't begin with a

 opening prayer, but these two just talked about great stuff. :)

 Then it came time for the member to leave and he said "well

 we didn't start with a prayer but could we end with one?". So

 we had a closing prayer and then probably the best thing

 ever happened. This guy stood up after the prayer and asked

 the member if he would baptize him. :) Totally Awesome! 

other than that we set a baptismal date with this really cool

 guy from africa. I love africa. :) Also I had my first district

 meeting with this district. It was way good and fun. It is a

 huge district, like 14 or 15 members. its big for me. But tis a

 one of the members something because they are just great 

people!! 

I hope life is going well for all of you!! I think your great!

 have fun and be safe!! sorry this is pretty short but life is

 good and kinda busy!! Love you!! 

Vanhin Waite



No comments:

Post a Comment